This conversion process is performed with the Excel document open. All DDE based links are converted to their corresponding UDF equivalents for the current document.
- Ensure to create a backup copy of your document prior to conversion. This process is one-way and cannot be reversed.
- Open your document in Excel.
- Select Tools | Convert | Connector DDE links or right-click in the document and select Connector | Connector DDE links.
All links are automatically converted to their corresponding UDF equivalents. For example, note the following change to a link that is converted to UDF:
- DDE: =cwin32|Data!'CWEval|active|act("BR","101")|'
- UDF: =cw_act("BR","101")
Ensure to save your document after verifying the changes.
- After the conversion, ensure the setting Use Connector User Defined Functions (UDF) is enabled under Tools | Options.