Financial Statements - Global Setup
The Global Setup tab allows you to define default financial statement settings. These can be changed in the individual statements. If a change is made at the statement level, it will be reflected in the Global Setup tab and vice versa. The expected workflow in a new client file, or first-time implementation of Financials, is to complete the Entity Information tab and then move to the Global Setup tab.
The Global Setup tab provides the ability to manage reporting dates, currency options, balances, table settings, and miscellaneous views.
How Do I?
Defining reporting dates
Defining currency symbol behavior
- Including currency-related text in statement area headings
- Including the currency sign in column headings
Defining reporting balances
- Adding and modifying rounding relations
- Applying the foreign exchange calculation
- Applying rounding relations
- Deleting a rounding relation
- Obtaining balances from the parent entity only
- Selecting the default mapping or grouping
- Specifying and displaying rounding
- Specifying rounding text
- Specifying the mapping rounding method
Specifying certain table properties
- Setting the columns to underline
- Specifying the note number location
- Enabling the annotation column
- Creating a custom column
Setting view behavior