Scanning Images and PDFs Into Working Papers
Scan and insert images as documents on the Document Manager. The images can be saved in *.bmp, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.pdf, or *.tiff formats.
Once the image has been scanned into Working Papers it displays with the internal image viewer. Use the internal image viewer to include a header, show roles, add annotations, and convert to *.pdf. The image can also be shown in an external viewer.
Important: The scanned document option does not appear unless a TWAIN compatible scanner is installed.
- In the Document Manager, right-click where you want to place the new scanned document and select New | Scan Document
- In Type, select Scan Document.
In Location, enter the file name and extension of the image or click Browse to locate it.
Note: By default, the image is saved in the client file directory (set under Tools | Options) and the extension is set to *.pdf. You can change the extension and file path if needed. Examples of file extensions you can use for different image formats: *.tif, *.jpg, *.bmp, *.gif, *.pdf
- In Viewer, select how to display the scanned image. Learn more.
- Click Scan and follow the instructions. Once the scanning is finished you are returned to the New Document Link dialog.
- Complete the fields of the dialog. >>Quick Reference
Your scanned image was imported into Working Papers.