Adding a Login Using SQL Server Management Studio
When Windows Authentication is turned on you must login through the SQL server. If your login is not recognized you will not be able to login. You can add logins to SQL Server Management studio. This is useful when Windows Authentication is turned on for a SQL Data Store.
Ensure SQL Server Management Studio is installed on your machine (bundled with the SQL Server installation package).
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio.
- Login using your credentials. Click Connect.
- Navigate into the folders Security | Logins.
- In the Logins window, right-click and select New Login.
- Specify all of the fields in the Login - New dialog. Click OK.
Your login has been created. Reattempt logging into Data Store if you were having issues.