Working Papers Videos
CaseWare provides you with an abundance of additional resources to support you and enhance your user experience. View any of the videos below to see demonstrations of common procedures in CaseWare® Working Papers. Remember to check this page frequently because the videos below are being updated! Check out all of our videos on our YouTube channel, CaseWareVids.
New!SmartSync: Peer to Peer Synchronization
- Preparing for Peer to Peer Synchronization
- Connecting Peers to the Parent
- Working Peer to Peer without a Peer Parent Connection
- Peer to Peer Synchronization using an External Drive with a Built-In Router
CaseWare Zone videos
Accounting and Assurance
- Moving Accounts in Working Trial Balance - Report Tab
- Deleting Lines in Adjusting Journal Entries
- Creating a Structure
- Applying Structures to Automatic Documents
- Split-up Accounts
- Foreign Currency Conversion
- Detailed Consolidated General Ledger
- CQ - Show a Line Item Property if it is a Debit One Year and a Credit the Other
- CQ - Would it be Possible to Add More than 3 Structures?
Interface and Setup
- Personal Views
- PDF Functionality
- Tracking Changes in Word and Excel
- Hyperlink Reference in Excel
- Working with Multiple Monitors
- Printing without Annotations
- CQ - Can PDFs be encrypted?
- CQ - Changing Properties on Multiple PDFs
- Protecting Sign-offs
- Milestones, History, and Auto Compare
- Issues - Modifying Fields for Issue Types
- Highlight and Issues Functionality
- Removing User Identification
- CQ - Is the Signoff feature a standard feature?
- CQ - How do I prevent a Signoff from being removed by another user?
- CQ - How to Convert a CaseWare File from Monthly/Quarterly to Yearly at Year-End?
- CQ - How do we copy a Chart of Accounts from one file to another?
- Publishing Client Files to the Cloud
- CQ - Any Plans to Move CaseWare to the Cloud?
- CQ - Is there a CaseWare App for iPad, iPhone, Mac OS, or iOS?
- CQ - Is Collaborate compatible with Windows Surface/Windows 8 Pro?
- CQ - What's the WebApps (Cloud) Button? Why don't I have it?
Canada and US Tax
- Canada Tax Setting
- Canada Tax Documents
- Canada Tax Export
- US Tax Setting
- US Tax Documents
- US Tax Export
US Tax Export
- Engagement Properties Tax Settings
- Assigning Tax Codes in the Mapping Database
- Assigning Tax Codes to Accounts
- Using the Automap Feature to Map and Assign Tax Codes
- Tax Reconciliation Documents
- Tax Adjustments (Posted Directly to the Tax Code)
- Exporting to Tax Software and Summary
- CQ - Is the export file from CaseWare dynamically brought into the tax software?
- CQ - How do you get the Annotation in the Adjusting Entry screen?
- CQ - How do you check or update the Autofill coding of the tax map numbers?
- CQ - Can you show us the Automapping feature again?
- CQ - Tax provisions, net income, and reconciliation to tax income
- CQ - When creating the M-1 journal entry, why did we choose Tax Export Code?
- CQ - Does the Tax adjusting entries carry to the prior tax balance column?
- CQ - We modified the mapping numbers and new tax codes manually, any suggestions?
- Importing from Simply Accounting
- Importing from Quickbooks
- Importing Microsoft Excel™ Files
- Converting Files from Other Engagement Software
- Working Papers: CQ - How do I get the comparative figures into the second year file?
- CQ - Do the import utility apply to both Canada and US versions of Quickbooks?
- CQ - When importing monthly trial balances, how do I modify them?
- What is Mapping?
- Mapping Samples
- Mapping Options
- Editing the Mapping Database
- Assigning Map Numbers
- Mapping Diagnostics
- CQ - Can you show us how to set up flip account for gain(loss) on disposal?
- CQ - Where Do I Find a Standard Chart of Accounts?
- CQ - How does Working Papers Know How to Autofill Map Numbers?
- SmartSync implementations
- Moving to a SmartSync environment
- Sync states
- File types to avoid
- Reducing sync conflicts
- Returning client files to a non-sync state
- Handling software and template upgrades
Data Store Administration Tool
- Data Store Administration Tool: What, When, Where?
- Data Store Administration Tool: Functionality
- Data Store Administration Tool: Global Security - Applying to all client files
- Data Store Administration Tool: Global Security - Group
- Data Store Administration Tool: Global Security - Rights (Categories and Commands)
- Data Store Administration Tool: Local security - Modifying in the Active Client File
- Data Store Administration Tool: Tracker
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Is the data store database installed on a specific database server?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Are CaseWare files in a data store stored in a SQL database instead of Windows structure?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Can users be in more than one group?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Does the CW Data Store require a SQL server license?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - How do you remove a staff member he/she is still in the Active Directory?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - How can we publish the security groups from the data store to all client files?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Can you use an xbase store with 2014 version?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - Applying global protection settings to all client files automatically if not on prior?
- Data Store Administration Tool: CQ - How do you assign staff to limited clients instead of Global?