SmartSync Server Installation Guide
SmartSync Server maintains files in a central location on your network, giving you the ability to access your files from anywhere, anytime securely and without the need for VPN. This section covers the installation of SmartSync Server.
Download a PDF version of the SmartSync Server Installation Guide:
Get a quick overview of SmartSync Server:
Instructions for upgrading SmartSync Server:
How Do I?
Configuring Your Windows Server
- Setting up the User Account for SmartSync Server
- Installing Working Papers SmartSync on the Server
- Installing the IIS Web Server on Windows Server 2008r2
- Installing the IIS Web Server on Windows Server 2012
SmartSync Server Installations
Windows Post-Installation Configuration
- Active Directory Authentication
- Changing Default Application Pool
- Using a Non-Default Web Site
- Configuring Bindings and SSL
- Configuring the Firewall
- Sharing the Top-Level Parent Folder on a Separate Server
SmartSync Server Post-Installation Configuration
- Modifying the Parent File and Publish File Location
- Adding Publish Folders
- Filtering Files
- Adding Publish Folders using Meta-Data
- Adding Publish Folders using a Configuration File
- Updating SmartSync Server with Data Store changes
- Distributing Settings with a CWC File
- Preventing Request File Generation
More Info >>
SmartSync Server maintains your files in a central location on your network, enabling you to securely access your files from anywhere, anytime without the need for VPN.
The IIS web server installation process must be completed before installing SmartSync Server. You will also need to set up a Windows user to run the SmartSync Server process.
Anonymous Authentication can be used in situations where the IIS server hosting SmartSync Server is only available from an internal network.
Complete the SmartSync Server setup by configuring the publish folders. These folders will contain the published client files and the top-level parent files. All paths to the folders are specified in the IIS configuration.
The SmartSync File Service monitors, logs, tracks statistics and schedules SmartSync Server tasks and requests.
Required services added with the Server Manager for SmartSync Server to function.
Access the SmartSync Server about status page to review information about your server.
List of meta-data field values that can be added to publish folder key values.