Disabling the Security ID
When a security ID is set on the Data Store, client files linked to that Data Store cannot be opened by an administrator of a different Data Store.
If you are an administrator of the Data Store, you can disable the security ID. By doing so, the protection-enabled client file can be opened by an administrator connected to a different Data Store.
Once the security ID is disabled and an administrator of a different Data Store opens the client file, the following occurs:
- The Allow administrators connected to a different data store to log onto this file check box is cleared.
- The security ID of the new store is linked to the client file and can only be opened with the new Data Store.
- If no security ID exists in the new Data Store, the security ID is removed from the file.
Note: The file is maintained under the original Data Store in the following circumstances:
- When a non-administrator connected to a different Data Store opens the client file.
- If the check box is cleared before the file has been opened by an administrator of a new store.
To disable the Security ID:
- From within a Working Papers client file select Tools | Protection | Protection Setup. The Users and Groups dialog opens.
- Click the Setup button. The Setup Dialog opens. Note that you must be logged in as an administrator to access this tab.
- Select the Allow administrators connected to a different Data Store to log onto this file check box.
- Click OK.