-- How Do I? --
Signing In a Client File
Once the work is done on a signed out client file, it should be signed in.
- On the Engagement ribbon, click Sign In.
- Ensure that Keep the file signed out is not selected.
- Click Sign In.
The client file has been signed in.
- The master file can be signed back in by any user who has access to the file as long as protection is not turned on. With protection enabled, the user signing in the file must be the same user that signed out the file unless otherwise specified.
- When signing in files with documents or entries checked out, you can abandon all changes to these checked out documents.
- An error displays when signing in a client file while external files are open. The sign in process cannot complete until all external files are closed. Any documents that were checked out are checked in.