Firm Library - Working with cells
Financials provides options that enable you to edit and work with most individual cells.
To edit a cell, you must first have loaded content into a financial statement area.
- Editing cells and cell attributes
- Showing and hiding cell numbers in tooltips
- Setting items to display only
When you are in a Firm Library document for a financial statement area, you can edit most individual cells. You can change the cell attributes, renumber the cell, or use the CaseView Edit Cell dialog to edit the cell properties.
- In the Firm Library document, right-click the cell to be edited.
- Select Formatting | Other or Other, and then one or more of the properties described in Other shortcut menu.
The cell is edited as specified.
Note: You can also access the Edit Cell dialog in Cash flow worksheets by double-clicking on a description cell. Description cells in activity tables can be edited to include formulas. For example, you can add a formula to change the text in an Inventory cell depending on whether inventory has increased or decreased. You can edit the cell's formula by double-clicking it and editing the Calculation Properties.
When you are in a Firm Library document for a financial statement area, you can specify whether the cell number is to be included in the tooltip that appears when you hover over a cell. Displaying the cell numbers can be helpful when you are creating your own formulas and want to reference an existing cell or use the cell in the calculation.
- To show cell numbers in tooltips, in the Firm Library document, from the Home tab, in the View group, click Show Cell Numbers in Tooltips. This option is available only if the cell numbers are hidden.
- To hide cell numbers in tooltips, in the Firm Library document, from the Hometab, in the View group, click Hide Cell Numbers in Tooltips. This option is available only if the cell numbers are visible.
Cell numbers are displayed or hidden in tooltips, depending on the option selected.
When editing content in a financial statement area, you can specify that one or more cells in the selected rows of a table are to be displayed on the screen but not printed.
- In the Firm Library document for the financial statement area, click in the line in which items are to be displayed only.
- From the Table Tools tab, in the Row Properties group, click Print.
From the Row Print Options dialog, select the columns that are to be displayed but not printed.
- Click OK.
The selected cells in the row are displayed but not printed.
This online help system applies to all Financials products. Not all features are available in all products.