Modifying the general settings
The General Settings area contains all of the default financial statement properties that may be customized by the template author prior to releasing to end users. Each property can be locked prior to release to prevent end users from modifying in the client file. Access to these properties is restricted to template authors.
These properties are varied and can include items such as:
Including a cover page and table of contents
The terms to use for the parent and consolidated entities
The date formatting
General table settings
- Whether to separate accounting policies in the notes to the financial statements
Normally, specifying the general settings is completed before firm branding and content creation.
To modify the general settings, you must open the CL - Organization standards document from the Document Manager.
You can specify whether the financial statements are to be generated with a cover page.
- In the Document Manager, open the CL - Organization standards document.
- In the Organization Settings pane, select General Settings.
- Navigate to the properties requiring change and select the appropriate option.
- If you want to ensure that a user cannot change a property for the financial statements, click the Lock icon next to the property.
The general settings are set as specified.
This online help system applies to all Financials products. Not all features are available in all products.