Inserting Notes to MMR
You can create new custom DIY notes or add notes created by your distributor. For more information on managing notes, see Note Tools - Managing Notes.
Inserting a Note
- Select an area where you would like a new note.
From the Insert tab, in the Table group, click Notes.
- The Select from the following dialog appears, click the check box under the Choose column, next to the note from the Knowledge Library that you want to insert. Select the Preview Content check box to preview the format in the Section Preview pane
- Click OK.
The note that you have selected is added to the Management Report under the heading and order of the Knowledge Library.
Note: You can create a new note on the fly from Insert | Create Note or by right-clicking a line in a statement and selecting Create Note.
Financials provides the ability to add notes within notes so that you can take text or tables from any existing note from the Knowledge Library and add it to the note under construction. This enables you to construct notes consisting of multiple sections or components.
- Position your cursor in the note title or heading in which you want to add a new note.
- Select right-click the note title or heading and select Knowledge Library | Insert Note within the note title.
- If your cursor is positioned in a child note that is inside a parent note, select whether the new note is to be inserted within the child note or the parent note.
- From the Select from the following dialog, click the radio button next to the note that you want to insert. In the Section Preview pane, if the Preview Content check box is selected, a preview of the note is displayed.
- Click OK.
The note that you have selected is inserted as the last component of the note in which you selected.