Using the Ratio Analysis
The Ratio Analysis document consists of an extensive list of financial and non-financial performance ratios to provide a better understanding on the organization financial position. The ratios are calculated automatically based on your Working Papers data.
- Selecting the ratios required
- Specifying Global Setup Options
- Inserting rows, header rows and page breaks
- Linking Cells from Excel
- When opening the Ratio Analysis document for the first time, the Entity Information tab will automatically appear so that you can select the applicable ratio categories to display.
Click Ratios required and select the applicable ratio categories you would like to display in your report.
The selected ratios categories are displayed.
In the Global Setup tab, you can define default settings to apply to the Ratio Analysis document.
From the Rounding drop-down, select the rounding to use.
Option Description 1 Do not round numeric values. 1,000's Round numeric values to the nearest thousand. 1,000,000's Round numeric values to the nearest million.
The Rounding Terminology & Display dialog automatically appears. You can choose where to display the rounding information in the report or column header and select the number of decimal places to display. Note: Clicking the Titles and terms button in the tab launches the same dialog.
The ratio analysis document can generate a visual graph depiction of each ratio.
- Click Graphs and select to display a Pie or Bar graph below each ratio.
- Click Balances Setup to open the Balance Setup dialog.
- For financial ratios, specify the balances (actual or budget) to be used in the ratio calculation and also specify which periods should be as a comparative period.
- For non-financial performance measures, specify whether to display the performance measure as a dollar value or a percentage and specify which periods should be used as the comparative periods.
Select from the available options to configure the header and footer:
|Standard Page Header
|Prints the page header on each page.
|Document Sign off
Prints a completed by and reviewed by table on each page.
|Prints your computer's time and date in the footer.
|Prints the specified page number text that displays before the page number.
|Prints a draft watermark sign.
You can insert additional custom ratio rows, numeric rows, header rows and page breaks.
- Click in the table where you want to add.
From the Table Tools tab, in the Operations group, click (Insert) drop-down and select one of the following:
Option Description Rows Insert rows into any ratio table. Header rows Insert header rows into any ratio table. Ratio Rows Insert a row that displays the result as a ratio. Numeric Rows
Insert a row that displays the result as a numeric value.
Graph Inserts a graph for the newly added row. Page Break Inserts a page break before the table.
You can link Excel cells from Excel documents added to Working Papers Document Manager.
- Click on a row where you want to link cell values from Excel. Note: Linkable rows are denoted with an icon to the left of the row.
- From the Table Tools tab, in the Operations group, click Link from Excel.
- The CaseView Excel Linkage dialog appears. Select the applicable Excel document from the Document Manager and then select the worksheet and the cell range.
Cells in the row are now linked to the specified cell range from the Excel document.