Inserting, deleting, and sorting segments
In the Segment Definition Document, you can define the entity's reportable segments to be displayed in the Segment Reporting Worksheet. You can also delete or sort the segments that you have added.
To use the Segment Definition Document, you must have determined the primary and secondary segments of the entity for which you are generating financial statements.
In the Segment Definition Document, you can add new segments.
- In the Segment Definition Document, click on an existing primary or secondary segment. The new segments will be inserted after this segment.
- In the Home tab, click (Insert segment).
- In the Insert Segment(s) dialog, type or specify the number of segments to be inserted.
- Click OK.
The new segments are inserted..
You can delete any segment that you have inserted.
- In the Segment Definition Document, click on the segment to be deleted.
- In the Home tab, click (Delete segment).
- In the warning dialog that asks you to confirm whether you want to delete the segment, click Yes.
The selected segment is deleted.
In the Segment Definition Document, you can sort the segments that have been defined.
- In the Home tab, click (Sort segments).
- In the Manual Section sort dialog, select a segment that you want to sort.
- Click Move up to move the segment up, or click Move down to move the segment down.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all of the segments have been sorted.
- Click OK to close the Manual Section Sort dialog.
The segments are now sorted.