To run CaseWare Working Papers and related products, you must meet or exceed the following system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (x64)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit (x64)
- 1 GHz 64-bit (x64) processor; 2 GHz recommended for improved performance
- 2 GB of RAM; 8 GB recommended for improved performance
Minimum 1 GB free hard drive space recommended for installation
Note: Additional hard drive space is required for templates and engagement files. The size of open client files will vary depending on the features used and the size of documents managed. Working Papers has built-in compression that significantly reduces the size of compressed files.
Internet connection required during installation
Microsoft Office 2010 or later, or Microsoft Office 365 (Desktop version, Cloud is not supported)
Note: CaseWare Connector is compatible with both Office 32-bit and 64-bit, however a 64-bit Operating System is required.
- Internet browser that supports TLS 1.2 or later (see Disabling access to CaseWare Cloud for older and unsupported browsers for more information)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.0 or later
Security and Permissions
- Installation requires local administrative rights to the workstation
- Use of Working Papers requires read/write access to the program folder and any folders containing client files
SQL Server Requirements for SQL Data Store
The Data Store Administration Tool can use a Microsoft SQL back-end to store data. Working Papers (using a SQL Data Store) is compatible with the following SQL products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 / Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 / Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 / Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / Express
A file server can be used to store Working Papers client files.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1
Microsoft CIFS compatible networks like SAMBA on Linux
Note: Contact Technical Support before implementing this type of solution.
- Per file server/network operating system recommendations
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with Citrix/Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with Citrix/Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Citrix/Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Citrix/Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Citrix/Terminal Services
The server hardware configuration should be scaled for the number of user sessions. We suggest the following specifications for optimal performance:
- 1 CPU core per user session
- 8GB RAM per user session
- 80GB hard drive space per user session
Note: Working Papers files should be stored on the Terminal/Citrix Server or connected to it via a high-speed network connection.