Use structures to create financial statement categories such as Current Assets, Prepaid Expenses and Equity in your automatic documents. Supported automatic document types include Analytical Review, Leadsheet/Grouping, and Trial Balance.
- You cannot apply structures to Analytical Review documents with the Ratio analysis format, or Leadsheet/Grouping and Trial Balance documents with the Detailed entries with totals format.
- Structures are not available for report-order documents.
- Rounding is not available for structured Trial Balance documents.
Before you can create structured automatic documents, you must first define the structure.
To define a structure:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Structures. The Structures worksheet displays.
- You can define up to three different structures. Select the tab of the structure you want to define.
On a new row, select a category Type.
Type Description Section (S) Displays the total of a collection of groups and accounts in the structured report. Text (X) Displays text in the structured report. Net Income (N) Displays a net gain or loss amount in the structured report. Total (T) Displays the total for previous lines in the structured report.
Complete the remaining columns as required based on the selected Type.
Column Description (by Type) ID
- Section: Enter the ID to use in the total lines calculation.
- Text: Not applicable.
- Net Income: Enter the ID to use in the total lines calculation.
- Total: Enter the ID for subsequent total calculations.
- Section: Enter the name of the financial statement category.
- Text: Enter the text to display on the structured report.
- Net Income: Enter the name of the financial statement category.
- Total: Enter the name of the financial statement category.
- Section: Click ... to select the accounts and groups to display.
- Type: Not applicable.
- Net Income: Not applicable.
- Total: Click ... to specify how to calculate the total.
- Section: None, Single Underline, or Double Underline.
- Type: Not applicable.
- Net Income: None, Single Underline, or Double Underline.
- Total: None, Single Underline, or Double Underline.
The structure is defined. You can now apply the structure to your automatic documents.
To apply a structure to an automatic document:
- In the Document Manager, select the automatic document where you want to apply a structure.
- On the ribbon, click Document | Properties.
- On the General tab, click the Structures drop-down menu and select the applicable structure. Click OK.
The structure is applied to the automatic document.