You can add a variety of different document types to the Document Manager. Supported documents include:
- Automatic documents
- CaseView documents
- Manual documents
- Document links
- Placeholder documents
- Microsoft Word documents
- Microsoft Excel workbooks
- PPC Content files
To add a document to the Document Manager:
- On the ribbon, click Home. In the Insert group, click the document type that you want to add. You can also add documents from Document | New.
In the New Document dialog, complete the properties as required.
The document is added to the Document Manager. If you need to further modify the document's properties, right-click the document and click Properties.
Note: If you are adding a PPC Content file, you must have both PPC's E-Practice Aids and CaseWare Connector installed.
Add document placeholders
You can add placeholders for documents that you intend to add to the Document Manager at a later time. Document placeholders help you create a Document Manager structure before adding the actual documents.
To add a document placeholder:
- On the ribbon, click Home | Placeholder, or Document | New | Placeholder.
- Complete the remaining properties as required. Click OK.
The document placeholder is added to the Document Manager. You can also add placeholders for Link, Word, and Excel type documents by selecting Placeholder next to the Type drop-down menu.
When you are ready to replace the placeholder with a real document, simply drag the document onto the placeholder.
You can create new folders in the Document Manager to help organize your documents.
To add a folder:
- On the ribbon, click Home | Folder, or Document | New | Folder. The New Folder dialog displays.
- Complete the folder properties as required. Click OK.
The folder is added to the Document Manager.