Import from Working Paper Software
You can import client data from a variety of popular working paper software packages. For a list of supported working paper software packages and versions, see the Software import index.
See the following topics for more detailed import instructions on some common working paper software packages:
Select your working paper software package and complete the following prerequisites:
To import data from a working paper software package:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Import | Working Paper Software. The Import - Working Paper Software dialog displays.
- In the Convert From drop-down menu, select your working paper software package. In the Version drop-down menu, select the version of your working paper software package.
- In the Convert Path field, browse for and select the working paper software file that you want to import.
- If applicable, select Import Client Information to copy client information into the Engagement Properties of your Working Papers file.
- Complete the remaining software specific fields. Click OK to complete the import.
The data is imported to your Working Papers file.
- To speed up your import, it is recommended that you copy the client data file to your computer's local disk.
- If you are working in an offline synchronized copy of a file, your status will be brought to Online so you can perform the import. This is automatic.