Report an issue
You can remind other staff members of a task that they need to complete during an engagement by reporting it as an issue. You can report issues for the entire file, specific documents in the Document Manager, or individual line items.
To report an issue in a Working Papers file:
- Right-click the body of the Issues pane, then click New Issue.
- Complete the issue options to outline the issue in the file. Click OK.
The issue is added to the file and displays in the issues view.
To report an issue in a document or line:
- Right-click the document or line, then click Add Document Issue... or Add Line Issue....
- Complete the issue options to outline the issue in the document or line. Click OK.
The issue is added to the file and displays in the issues view, the Document Properties dialog, and the Document Manager.
- To view issues in the Document Manager, right-click a column header and click Show | All Issues.
- To view issues in the Document Properties, right-click the document and click Properties. In the dialog, click the Issues tab. You can use this dialog to manage and filter issues at the document level.
The following options are available when creating or editing an issue:
The unique issue number. By default, the number is generated from the user's initials followed by an incrementing numeric number. You can renumber the issue after creation from the Issues pane.
|Cleared||Select to mark the issue as completed or no longer required.|
|Details (Icon)||Display a summary of issue specific details. These details are read-only.|
Enter a description of the issue. The subject displays beside the issue number to help identify the issue.
|Type||Select the issue type(s) from the drop-down menu to categorize the issue.|
|Retain on Cleanup||Select to preserve the issue when performing a clean up. If the issue is associated with multiple issue types, you must enable this setting for each issue type for the issue to be retained.|
|Roll Forward||Select to roll forward the issue into the next year file when performing a year end close. If the issue is associated with multiple issue types, you must enable this setting for each issue type for the issue to roll forward.|
|Assigned to||Select the user that you want to complete the issue.|
|Priority||Select a priority level for the issue (Low, Normal, or High).|
Select which document the issue affects, or select None.
|Description||Enter an extended description of the issue.|
|Resolution||Enter a description of the resolution for the issue.|
Select the current completion status of the issue.
Enter a percentage of completion for the issue.
|Start on||Select the start date of the issue.|
|Due on||Select the due date for the issue.|
|Reminder||Select a reminder date for the issue. This reminder only notifies the assigned user.|
|Time||Enter the time of day to prompt the reminder.|