Sign off a document
When you've completed preparing or reviewing the document, you can sign off the document for your role.
- If the file is protected, you must have sign-off rights for your role.
- If you are working in a sync copy, ensure you are online and synchronizing with the parent file.
To sign off a document:
- In the Document Manager, locate the document that you want to sign off.
- Right-click the document, then click the sign off option at the bottom of the context menu (Prepared by / Reviewed by). The sign off options are dependent on the document's role set.
The document is signed off for your role. A check mark displays next to the document in the color that was set for your role.
- If the role set include the option Mark read only after sign offs, then you cannot modify the document after sign off. See Options | Roles for more information.
- If a document displays a warning icon (), then there is an incorrect sign off.
- The incorrect sign off warning does not display in locked down files. You must unlock the file to see which documents contain an incorrect sign off.