Export to TaxPrep
You can export data from Working Papers to TaxPrep to prepare Canadian tax returns. The data is exported to a .tt file, which you can open in TaxPrep.
- Specify the tax information in the Engagement Properties.
- Assign tax export codes to accounts or enter the relevant codes in the Tax Code column of the Working Trial Balance | Tax tab.
To export Working Papers data to TaxPrep:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Export | Tax Software....
- In the Export to Tax Software dialog, click the Tax Software drop-down menu and select TaxPrep.
- Select the Tax Year and whether to include prior year data.
- In the Tax Return Name field, enter or Browse for the location of the tax return file where you want to export your data.
- Select any applicable export options in the dialog. Click OK.
The .tt file is created in the specified location. You can now open it in TaxPrep. If you selected Open file when complete during the export, the file automatically opens. If any errors occur during the export, you can review them in the export log file for resolution.