Export to ProSeries (TurboTax)
You can export data from Working Papers to ProSeries to prepare USA tax returns. The data is exported to a .txt file, which you can import into ProSeries.
- Specify the tax information in the Engagement Properties.
- Assign tax export codes to accounts or enter the relevant codes in the Tax Code column of the Trial Balance | Tax tab.
To export Working Papers data to ProSeries:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Export | Tax Software....
- In the Export to Tax Software dialog, click the Tax Software drop-down menu and select ProSeries.
- In the Export Path field, enter or Browse for the location where you want to export your data.
- In the Export Filename field, enter a name for the export.
- Select the Tax Year and whether to include prior year data.
- Select any applicable export options in the dialog. Click OK.
The .txt file is created in the specified location. You can now import it into ProSeries. If any errors occur during the export, you can review them in the export log file for resolution.
To import Working Papers data into ProSeries:
- Launch ProSeries.
- On the ribbon, click Import | Trial Balance Setup....
- In the Import dialog, select Generic Extended ASCII Trial Balance File.
- Click Select File, then select the .txt export file.
- For each cell in the tax return, use the Trial Balance Import feature (Ctrl+L) to link the tax cell to the trial balance amount.
The data from your Working Papers file is imported into ProSeries.