Network licensing guide
Table of contents
- Install the Network License Server and Administrator Tools
- Provide your Locking Code
- Add a Network License String
- Use a Network License as your default registration method
- Generate an authorization code for a remote commuter license
To set up network licensing for your organization, you require three primary components:
- Network License Server
- Administrator Tools
- CaseWare Working Papers
The Network License Server stores the active licenses for your organization, which you can manage using the Administrator Tools. By connecting Working Papers to the Network License Server, your users can register and access the software whenever they connect to the network.
You should install the Network License Server on a server that is always operating, so that your staff can connect to it to register Working Papers. You can install the Administrator Tools on any workstation on the network, preferably one that belongs to the administrator.
To install the Network License Server and Administrator Tools:
- Download the Network License Server installation file provided by CaseWare International.
- On the server where you want to install the Network License Server, double click the installation file to launch the InstallShield Wizard.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then select I accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
Review the applications to install. You can install the Administrator Tools on the server, or if you want to install them on a separate workstation, deselect the option. Click Install.
Note: If you choose to install the Administrator Tools on a separate workstation, you will need to transfer the installation file to the workstation and complete this installation again, this time with the Network License Server option deselected.
- The InstallShield Wizard for the Sentinel RMS License Manager displays during the installation. Complete the Wizard as required to continue.
- When installation is complete, click Finish to close the InstallShield Wizard
The Network License Server and Administrator Tools are installed on the server. You can access the Administrator Tools by clicking Start | CaseWare International | License Manager.
Note: You can find the Network License Server listed as a Service named Sentinel RMS License Manager in Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services. If the Network License Server does not display in the Services listing, navigate to the installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT) and run loadls.exe to start the service.
To operate properly, you may need to add the Network License Server to the exception list of the Windows Defender Firewall or third-party firewall your organization is running.
To add a firewall exception:
- Open the Control Panel in Windows. Navigate to System and Security | Windows Defender Firewall and click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Search the Allowed apps and features list for Sentinel RMS License Server. If you cannot locate Sentinel RMS License Server, click Allow another app....
- In the Add an app dialog, on the Path field, click Browse. Enter the path of the Network License Server and select lservnt.exe (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT\lservnt.exe). Click Add.
An exception for the Network License Server is added to the Windows Defender Firewall.
You may also need to add an exception for UDP Port 5093 and 5099.
To add a port exception:
- In the Windows Defender Firewall settings, click Advanced settings.
- On the left-hand pane, click Inbound Rules.
- On the right-hand pane, click New Rule....
- In the Rule Type dialog, select Port and click Next.
- Select UDP, then select Specific local ports and enter 5093, 5099 in the field. Click Next.
- Select Allow the connection and click Next.
- Select the profiles for which the rule should apply. Click Next.
- Enter a Name and optional Description for the rule. Click Finish.
A port exception is added to the Windows Defender Firewall.
To activate the Network License Server, you require a Network License String. In order to generate a Network License String, you must provide CaseWare with your server's Locking Code. The Locking Code is a hardware-based fingerprint of the server workstation.
To find your server's Locking Code:
- On the server where the Network License Server is installed, click Start | CaseWare International | Get Locking Code.
- The CaseWare License Info dialog displays. Write down the Locking Code (C-*1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or take a screenshot.
Email the Locking Code with your account information to licensing support. A Network License String will be issued in return.
When you've received your Network License String from CaseWare, you must add it to the Network License Server to activate it.
To add a Network License String:
- On the workstation where the Administrator Tools are installed, click Start | CaseWare International | License Manager.
- On the left-hand pane, expand Subnet Servers.
- Right-click the server where the Network License Server is installed, then click Add Feature | From a String | To Server and its File.
- Enter the Network License String into the License code field. Click Add.
The Network License Server is activated with your organization's Working Papers licenses. Your staff can now register their copy of Working Papers with a network license.
You can configure your registry so that your staff automatically connect to the Network License when registering Working Papers.
To use a Network License as your default registration method:
- On the server where the Network License Server is installed, open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CaseWare\Working Papers\20xx.00\CWLS
- In the CWLS folder, right-click Server Mode and click Modify. In the Value data field, type 1 and click OK.
- On the menu, click Edit | New | String Value. Name the new string value Server Name.
- Right-click Server Name and click Modify. In the Value data field, enter your server name or the IP address of your workstation where the Administration Tools were installed.
When a staff member launches Working Papers on their workstation, the default registration method is set to your organization's Network License.
Staff that have taken a laptop off-site without checking out a commuter license may request a remote commuter license to authorize their copy of Working Papers temporarily. To obtain a remote commuter license, an administrator with access to the Administrator Tools must generate an authorization code for the staff member to use.
Note: For information on how a staff member requests a remote commuter license, see Network licenses.
To generate an authorization code for a remote commuter license:
- On the workstation where the Administrator Tools are installed, click Start | CaseWare International | Commuter.
- In the WCommute dialog, click Search Subnet to search for your Network License Server.
Select Check out authorization for remote machine, then enter the number of days the user requires the commuter license. Do not request excessive days as remote commuter licenses can only return to the Network License Server by expiring. Click Check Out.
- In the Locking Code for Remote Machine dialog, enter the Locking Code of the staff member's workstation. The staff member is required to provide this information when they submit the request for a Remote Commuter License. Click OK.
An authorization code is generated for you to provide to the staff member. The staff member can proceed to register their copy of Working Papers.