Audit System - Template Update Installation
Before updating your Caseware Audit System template, we recommend that the license administrator create a backup of your master template. After updating, the template author can further customize the master template, repackage and distribute to your users. Users need to update each of the existing client files to ensure all functionality and content updates are made.
- Ensure that your workstation meets all the system requirements for Audit System.
- Do not install a full copy of the template over an existing template. To avoid overwriting existing customizations, we recommend you follow the steps below.
Backup the master template (optional)
Before installing an update, we recommend that the license administrator create a backup of the existing master template.
To create a backup of the master template (optional):
- Close all instances of CaseView.
- In Working Papers, click Tools | Templates.
- Select the template to back up, then click Repackage.
- In the Template Packager Wizard, click Next.
- On the Global Options page, select a secure location for your output file and the corresponding client file name. Click Finish.
You have created a backup of your master template. The update can now be installed on the firm author’s copy of the master template.
Download and update the master template
Updating the master template can take up to 30 minutes to complete. After updating, the firm author can review the changes, make further customizations, then repackage the master template. We recommend that users install the firm author’s repackaged master template that includes the update, rather than the downloaded CWUPDATE.cwp file.
To download and update the master template:
- An email containing the download link to the Audit System template is provided to your firm’s license administrator. Click the link in the email to access the download page, then click Download.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded .cwp file, then move the .cwp file to a secure location.
- To launch the installation wizard, double-click the .cwp file.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) prompt displays enter your credentials, then click Yes.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next to continue.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, then click Next.
- Use the default Program Folder and Document Library file paths. Click Finish.
- The template will begin installation. When complete, the dialog will indicate a successful installation. Click Close.
After you've updated your master template, review the changes and make any additional customizations. You can then repackage the template and distribute the resulting template package (.cwp) file to your users. Every user must install the repackaged .cwp file onto their workstation. To ensure all functionality and content updates are made to your existing client files, users can complete the engagement and perform a year end close, then apply the update in each client file. You're now ready to begin work for the new year.
Note: We recommend the template author review the Document Manager, as the template update may rearrange the documents. New documents are displayed at the top of Document Manager, and any firm authored folders or documents are displayed either at the top of the Document Manager or at the top of their respective folder.
This online help system applies to all Caseware Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.