Run an engagement update
The engagement update task enables you to update the functionality and content of your templates and template-based files in bulk.
To run an engagement update:
- On the Tasks list, click Engagement Update.
- (Optional) Select Filter by Year End Date to filter your engagement files by the year end date. The engagement update will only run on files within the specified date range.
- Select an update method:
- Update all: Select to update functionality and content based on the default settings.
- Functionality only: Select to update functionality and exclude any content changes.
- Select settings file: Select to update functionality and content based on a custom settings file (if previously created during a template update).
- From the Installed Templates list, select the templates that require updates.
- Click Next.
A list of engagement files displays based on your directory and filter configurations.
Category Description Name Displays the name of the Working Papers file. Version Displays the current version of the file. When Audit and Financials are merged in a single file, the Audit version number displays before the Financials version number. Analysis
Displays a brief description of why updates are not available or supported. The following are examples of analysis results:
- Locked down
- Client file version lower than minimum supported Template version
- Client file already on the latest version of the Template
- File Signed Out
- File Checked Out
- Year End Date out of specified range
- Unknown Version
- Incorrect Username/Password
Deselect any files that you do not want to include in the engagement update.
Click Next to run the engagement update.
Note: You can click Cancel at any time to stop the engagement update process, though in-progress and completed files will still be updated.
- A summary of the engagement update displays. Click View Report to view the results in greater detail.