Run a year end close and engagement update
The year end close and engagement update task enables you to close out client files and update the functionality and content of your templates and template-based files in bulk.
To run a year end close and engagement update:
- On the Tasks list, click Year End Close and Engagement Update.
- (Optional) Select Filter by Year End Date to filter your engagement files by the year end date. The year end close and engagement update will only run on files within the specified date range.
- (Optional) Select Lock down the original file to ensure no changes will be made to the original file.
- Select the naming conventions for the next year file:
- New file name: Select whether to use the Operating name or Client number from the Engagement Properties dialog as the name for the next year file.
- Add the year end date to the file name: Select whether to include the year end date in the next year file name, whether to prepend or append it to the file name, and specify the date format.
- Select an update method:
- Update all: Select to update functionality and content based on the default settings.
- Functionality only: Select to update functionality and exclude any content changes.
- Select settings file: Select to update functionality and content based on a custom settings file (if previously created during a template update).
- From the Installed Templates list, select the templates that require updates.
- Click Next.
A list of engagement files displays based on your directory and filter configurations.
Category Description Name Displays the name of the Working Papers file. Version Displays the current version of the file. When Audit and Financials are merged in a single file, the Audit version number displays before the Financials version number. Analysis
Displays a brief description of why updates are not available or supported. The following are examples of analysis results:
- Locked down
- Client file version lower than minimum supported Template version
- Client file already on the latest version of the Template
- File Signed Out
- File Checked Out
- Year End Date out of specified range
- Unknown Version
- Incorrect Username/Password
Deselect any files that you do not want to include in the year end close and engagement update.
Click Next to run the year end close and engagement update.
Note: You can click Cancel at any time to stop the year end close and engagement update process, though in-progress and completed files will still be closed and updated.
- A summary of the year end close and engagement update displays. Click View Report to view the results in greater detail.