Set up the Caseware Batch Tool
To obtain the Caseware Batch Tool installation file (setup.exe), contact your local distributor.
To install the Batch Tool:
- Double-click setup.exe.
- In the Setup - Caseware Batch Tool dialog, click Browse.... Select the folder where you want to install the program. Click Next.
- Select the task Create a desktop shortcut (optional), then click Next. Click Install, then Finish.
The Batch Tool is installed. You can now configure the Batch Tool properties.
To configure the Batch Tool:
- Launch the Batch Tool.
- On the left side menu, click the Directory field. Navigate to the directory containing your engagement files and click Select Folder.
- (Optional) If any of the engagements are published to Cloud, click Create Synchronized Copies to select the engagements where you want to generate local sync copies (within a specified year end date range).
- (Optional) If any of the engagements have local sync copies, click the Delete () icon to select the sync copies to delete.
- (Optional) Select Save reports and backups in a different directory, then click the Report and Backup Directory field to designate a backup location. Navigate to the directory and click Select Folder.
- If Working Papers protection is enabled, enter the administration level credentials in the Username and Password fields. If required, you can save the credentials to your workstation by clicking Login Credentials and adding them to the list.
- (Optional) Enter a value in the Time out (minutes) field to terminate the update process for each engagement after the specified number of minutes. For example, if the field value is 15, an engagement will have 15 minutes to update before the Batch Tool proceeds to the next engagement. If this field does not contain a value, the update process will run until each engagement is updated.
- (Optional) Enter a value in the Duration (hours) field to terminate the update process for all engagements after the specified number of hours. For example, if the field value is 10, the Batch Tool will have 10 hours to update all engagements before terminating. If this field does not contain a value, the update process will run until all engagements are updated.
- (Optional) Click Language Settings, then in the language drop-down at the top of the window, select the applicable interface language.
The Batch Tool is configured and ready to run a task.