Additional Document Library content
With the release of Audit 23.00, the additional document library (ADL) has been deprecated. If your firm utilized the ADL in a previous version of the Audit template, you'll need to update the ADL client file so that you can add its content to your master template.
Note: Do not use the ADL client file as an external library or convert it to a standard client file. The sole purpose of the ADL client file is to allow you to restore existing content.
To update the ADL client file:
- Navigate to the location of the ADL client file (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Caseware\Document Library\<ADL Name>) and double-click the corresponding .ac file to open it in Working Papers.
- In the Working Papers Document Manager, delete the existing UPDATE document.
- On the ribbon, click Home | From Library and select your master template.
- In the Document Library dialog, select the UPDATE document and click Add.
- Close the Document Library, then double-click the UPDATE document in the Document Manager.
- The UPDATE document opens. Click the Check for updates button.
- The Template Update dialog displays. Click Update All.
- If required, specify the location to generate a backup copy of the file and click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.
The ADL client file is updated. Close the UPDATE document and save your changes.
You can now access the ADL while in your master template and add individual documents using the From Library option. Note that you do not need to add any core documents such as AO, FSA, or any of the new master documents. We suggest that you add the required documents promptly and then discontinue use of the ADL.