Specifying mapping and grouping structure updates for client files
If you have changed the mapping or grouping structure for a work program or checklist in your template, use the Working Papers Template Versions dialog to indicate that the mapping or grouping structure version has changed.
To indicate that a mapping or grouping structure has changed:
From the Working Papers Tools tab, in the Templates group, select Template Versions.
In the Template Versions dialog, click the General tab.
Locate the field corresponding to the mapping or grouping that has changed. For example, if the Group 1 structure has changed, you will need to change the version in the Group 1 Structure field.
- In the field that you located in the previous step, type the new (increased) version of the mapping or grouping structure.
- If additional mapping or grouping structures have changed, repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed.
Note: The following convention is used for version numbers:
- The first digit of the version is reserved for changes created by Caseware.
- The second digit of the version is reserved for changes created by distributors.
- The third digit of the version is reserved for firm authors.
In practice, as the firm author, you will only need to change this third digit. For example, if the current version is 2.1.3, the next version to use would be 2.1.4.