Associating Assertions and Business Cycles to an FSA
- From the Areas menu, ensure that Relevant Assertions and Business Cycle columns are visible.
Note: Audit defaults with four assertions: Completeness, Existence, Accuracy, and Valuation. The firm Author may change or include other assertions that are relevant to the engagement.
- Assess the related assertions. If you need to change the assertions, right-click the FSA item and select Change Assertions. Select the applicable assertions for the FSA item.
- To associate a business cycle to an FSA item, simply click the icon in the Business Cycle column and select the applicable cycle.
- If an associated assertion is updated, a warning will display when the FSA document is opened to advise you to review the assertions.
- You can add new business cycles by:
- Clicking icon from the toolbar.
- Click Add.
- Type the new description for the process and an appropriate abbreviation.
- Click OK. Ensure that the abbreviation given is unique – you will get a warning to select an alternative abbreviation if a duplicate abbreviation is used.
- (Optional) Click and select/deselect to attach a relevant control matrix or walk-through documents to the business cycle.
- To delete a business cycle, select the cycle to be deleted and click Delete.
This online help system applies to all Caseware Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.