The Cleanup process deletes unwanted issues, documents, and procedures in the client file. The document references to the deleted documents are also cleared, and any procedures that have been specified for deletion are permanently removed. The Engagement Cleanup Wizard automates the process to make file cleanup simple and efficient. Through the wizard, you also have the option to clear History, Milestones, and the Recycle Bin.
Cleaning up the file does the following:
- Clears any issues not set to Retain on Cleanup.
- Deletes any documents (as well as associated .bak or .tmp files) where the Retain on Cleanup check box has not been selected in Document Properties. Note that Retain on Cleanup is selected by default.
- Deletes all annotation references to documents that have been deleted as part of the cleanup process.
- Permanently removes all previously deleted procedures. Until cleanup, deleted procedures remain available for review.
- Optionally, clears History or Milestones from the file. For documents that do not have the Lock Down check box selected prior to the clean up, history and milestone events are retained.
To clean up your client file:
- Decide which documents and issues should be removed from the file by unchecking the Retain on Cleanup property. By default, the checkbox is checked for documents and unchecked for issues.
For more information, see Perform a Cleanup.
- From the Engagement menu, select Clean Up.
- Where applicable, select options to Retain History, Retain Milestones, and Keep Documents in Recycle Bin. Click Next.
- The Engagement Cleanup Wizard displays the items that will be removed from the file when the Cleanup process is run. If any items should be retained, click Cancel to stop the Cleanup process and ensure the Retain on Cleanup property is checked for the applicable items. Otherwise, click Finish.
Note: On the Document Manager, you can use filters to quickly see which items have been or have not been set to be retained on cleanup. From the Working Papers View menu, select Filter by, and then either Retained on Cleanup or Deleted on Cleanup.
This online help system applies to all Caseware Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.