Create a database backup file
For the following software packages, you must create a database backup file (.bak) to import into Working Papers.
- Acomba X
- IRIS Accounts Production
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
To create a database backup file:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. If you do not have this application, you can download it from Microsoft. Ensure that the version you install meets or exceeds the version of SQL Server that you have installed.
- In the Connect to Server dialog, enter or select the server that you want to create a backup file for from the Server name drop-down menu.
- In the Authentication drop-down menu, select SQL Server Authentication.
- Enter your server login and password. Click Connect.
- In the Object Explorer pane, expand the Databases folder and navigate to the appropriate database sub-folder. Right-click the sub-folder, then click Tasks | Back Up.... The Back Up Database dialog displays.
- In the Database drop-down menu, select the appropriate database.
- In the Backup type drop-down menu, select Full.
- Under Backup component, select Database.
- In the Back up to drop-down menu, select Disk.
- Click Add.... In the Select Backup Destination dialog, click ... and navigate to the desination on your disk to create the backup file. You can also enter a name for the backup file. Note that for Microsoft Dynamics GP imports, the backup file must be named DYNAMICS.bak. Click OK, then click OK again to create the backup file.
The database backup file is created. You can now perform the import.
Create a company backup file
For Microsoft Dynamics GP imports, you also require a backup file of your Company database.
To create a company backup file:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, click Microsoft Dynamics GP | Maintenance | Backup. The Back Up Company dialog displays.
- Select the Company Name associated with the company you are backing up.
- Select Use local storage, then browse for the folder where you want to create the backup file. Click OK.
The company backup file is created. You must store this backup file in the same location as the DYNAMICS.bak file.