How do I perform a silent installation for a Caseware tax update? (US Only)
Published: December 27, 2017
Affected version(s): Working Papers, All US versions
How do I perform a silent installation for a Caseware tax update?
To perform a silent installation for a Caseware tax update, you'll need to download the tax update file, create a response file, then deploy the tax update to your users.
To download the tax update file:
- Sign in to MyCaseware.
- On the Dashboard, click Support Downloads | Working Papers.
- Select US Tax Year Export and expand the (+) US Tax Year Export drop-down.
- Click Download.
You have downloaded the Caseware tax update file.
To create the response file:
- On the Windows Start menu, type Run, and open the application.
- In the Open field, type the file path of the downloaded tax update file in quotations, followed by the /r switch. For example: "C:\Users\John.Smith\Downloads\CW20XXTaxUpdate.exe" /r
- Click OK. If you receive the User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
- Complete the InstallShield Wizard.
A response file named setup.iss is created in the C:\Windows folder.
To deploy the tax update to your users:
- Move the downloaded tax update file and setup.iss file to a shared location that your users can access.
- On Windows Start menu, type Run, and open the application.
- In the Open field, type the shared file path of the tax update file in quotations, followed by the /s and /f1 switches, then the setup.iss file path in quotations. For example: "F:\Shared Network\CW20XXTaxUpdate.exe" /s /f1"F:\SharedNetwork\setup.iss"
- Click OK.
The Caseware tax update is deployed and silently installed onto your users' systems.