How do I switch the net income sign between positive and negative?

Published: July 09, 2019

Affected version(s): Working Papers, All versions


The net income sign displays as positive when it should be a negative (or vice versa), how do I switch it?


You can switch the sign in the Report tab of the Trial Balance.

To change the net income sign:

  1. On the ribbon, click Account | Trial Balance.
  2. In the Trial Balance worksheet, click the Report tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Net income (Loss) account. In the Sign column, change the sign to Credit or Debit as required.
  4. On the ribbon, click Tools | Repair File. Run the file repair.

The net income sign is changed.