Export to UltraTax CS
You can export data from Working Papers to UltraTax CS to prepare USA tax returns. The data is exported to a .dwi file, which you can import in UltraTax CS.
- Specify the tax information in the Engagement Properties.
- Assign tax export codes to accounts or enter the relevant codes in the Tax Code column of the Trial Balance | Tax tab.
To export Working Papers data to UltraTax CS:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Export | Tax Software....
- In the Export to Tax Software dialog, click the Tax Software drop-down menu and select UltraTax.
- In the Export Path field, enter or Browse for the location where you want to export your data.
- In the Export Filename field, enter a name for the export.
- Select the Tax Year and whether to include prior year data.
- Select any applicable export options in the dialog. Click OK.
The .dwi file is created in the specified location. You can now import it into UltraTax CS. If any errors occur during the export, you can review them in the export log file for resolution.
To import Working Papers data into UltraTax CS:
- Launch UltraTax CS.
- Create a new document with the same tax entity as the exported Working Papers file.
- On the ribbon, click Utilities | Third Party | Caseware Working Papers.
- In the Import dialog, select Change Location and verify that the data path is correct.
- Select the .dwi export file. Click Import.
The data from your Working Papers file is imported into UltraTax CS.