Caseware Cloud is a platform that introduces many of your favorite Working Papers features as web services; available on demand from your preferred smart device or computer. Cloud can help you organize your engagements and simplify collaboration between colleagues and with clients alike - all from a convenient and secure location on the web.
Hybrid Cloud is what we call the integration of Caseware Cloud products with Caseware Working Papers. In this ‘hybrid' environment, your organization can benefit from the familiarity of Working Papers, while including the advancements and accessibility that Cloud brings. Setting up a Hybrid Cloud environment will help your organization with the eventual transition to a purely Cloud-based solution.
You'll need to set up your Cloud site to prepare it for a Hybrid Cloud environment. The setup process will differ based on your role.
If your firm uses a Citrix or terminal server environment, ensure that you complete the following:
- Install Working Papers (with SmartSync) on the users' desktops or terminal servers.
- Set up personal or home directories that are unique to each user.
- Set the Working Papers default sync paths to the users' home directories
When your Cloud site is ready, you can begin migrating Working Papers files and data over to Cloud. Caseware offers specialized tools to help you with this migration process, each with a specific purpose. For example, the Cloud Migration Manager is used to migrate over 50 files, Cloud itself or CloudBridge for under 50 files, and the Cloud Import Utility for third-party data. See the following links for more information.
Cloud Migration Manager
- Get CloudBridge
- Add the CloudBridge document to the Caseware Working Papers file
- Import engagement data from Caseware Working Papers
- Transfer data from Caseware Working Papers to your engagement
Cloud Import Utility
The Hybrid Cloud environment is created through the integration of Cloud with Working Papers. After this integration, you can expand the environment through the integration of certain Cloud apps.
- Integrate Working Papers with Cloud
- Integrate Working Papers with AnalyticsAI
- Integrate Working Papers with Queries
Learn how to make the most of your new Hybrid Cloud environment by utilizing the best aspects of both Working Papers and Cloud.