Caseware Working Papers uses time-based licenses. The remaining time on a license is verified using the date and time on your workstation. If you change the date and time on your workstation, Working Papers will lock down to prevent time tampering.
Request a time cleaning license
If the date and time on your workstation is correct, or you've change the date and time back to the original settings, you can request a time cleaning license to restore access to Working Papers.
To request a time cleaning license:
- Launch Working Papers. The Time Tampering Cleaning Wizard displays.
- Click Date & Time to set the current date and time. Check My date and time are set correctly, then click Next.
- Select Obtain Cleaning License. Click Next.
- Enter your name and 5-digit client number. The Support Email field is populated automatically.
- If you use Microsoft Outlook, click Next, then Send. If you use another email service, check Use Web Mail then click Next. Copy and paste the text provided in a new email, then send it to licensing support.
The request for a time cleaning license is issued. A representative from Caseware will issue the time cleaning license at their earliest convenience.
Note: Time cleaning licenses are unique to the computer they are requested from. If multiple computers are encountering the time tampering issue, a request must be made for each computer.
Use a time cleaning license
After you've received your time cleaning license by email, you must save the email attachment and activate it in the Time Tampering Cleaning Wizard.
To use a time cleaning license:
- Download the lsclean.txt file from the email to your desktop or another accessible location.
- Launch Working Papers and navigate through the Time Tampering Cleaning Wizard until you reach the Cleaning Wizard Options.
- Select Use Cleaning License and click Next.
- Click Browse and navigate to the location of your lsclean.txt file. Select the file, then click Open.
- Click Next to activate the cleaning license.
The cleaning license is activated and Working Papers access is restored.
If the cleaning fails, you can try the following:
- Click Retry to attempt the cleaning again.
- Click Send Email to send diagnostic information to licensing support using Microsoft Outlook. Click Use Web Mail to send from a different email service.
- Click Cancel on the Cleaning Wizard and restart Working Papers. If the Time Tampering message still persists, try running the Wizard once more.
- Contact licensing support for further assistance.