Install the Data Store Administration Tool
You can install the Data Store Administration Tool on a server, or directly to the administrator's workstation. For server installations, you must run the tool directly from the server. We suggest installing the tool on the administrator's workstation for convenience.
Note: If you are installing SQL Server or SQL Express Server, the SQL component must be installed on a server.
Ensure you meet the minimum system requirements prior to installation.
To download the Data Store Administration Tool from MyCaseware:
- Log in to your MyCaseware account.
- On the Dashboard, click Software Downloads.
- On the WP tab, locate the Data Store Administration Tool, then click Download.
The installation file is downloaded to your workstation.
To install the Data Store Administration Tool on your workstation:
- Locate the downloaded installation file, then double-click it to launch the InstallShield Wizard.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then select I accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
- Select a setup type. We suggest performing a Complete installation. Click Next.
- Click Install to begin installation.
The Data Store Administration Tool is installed on your workstation. Click Finish to close the InstallShield Wizard.
We recommend that you apply the following settings to improve your experience with the Data Store Administration Tool:
- In the Settings group of the Data Store Administration Tool, click the Synchronization drop-down menu and select Only on program startup.
- In the Settings group of the Data Store Administration Tool, the Track Engagement drop-down menu controls how files are tracked by the data store. We suggest using either Track But Do Not Share with Firm or Disable Tracking. You should not use the Track and Share with Firm option unless you are using Caseware Tracker and need to monitor the files that users are working on (requires increased network bandwidth).