Scan documents as images or PDFs
You can scan documents using a TWAIN compatible scanner and add them directly to the Document Manager as images or PDFs.
To scan a document to the Document Manager:
- On the ribbon, click Home | Link. Alternatively, right-click the folder in the Document Manager where you want to add the scanned document, then click New | Scan Document.... The New Document Link dialog displays.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select Scan Document.
- Next to the Location field, click Browse and select the scanned document to add. By default, the scanned document is saved in the client file directory (defined in Tools | Options) and the extension is set to *.pdf. You can change the extension and file path if required.
- In the Viewer drop-down menu, select how you want to display the image.
- Complete the remaining options as required. Click OK.
The scanned document is added to the Document Manager as an image or PDF. View the image or PDF in the internal image viewer to add a header, show roles, add annotations and convert the document to a different file type.