What's new - Working Papers 2021
The following describes the features and fixes included in Working Papers 2021 and related products.
- Optimized calculation tracking for linkages in the Calculation Explorer. It should now take less time to load documents that contain multiple calculations.
- Working Papers now supports imports from the following software packages:
- MYOB AccountRight Live 2020
- QuickBooks 2020 (US)
- QuickBooks 2021 (US, Canada)
- Sage 50 Accounting 2021 (Canada)
- Renamed Auditfile XML (Poland) to JPK_KR XML to more accurately reflect the import type.
- Adjusted SAF-T PT XML imports to no longer include closing journal entries in the imported data.
- Added columns to the SmartSync Server and Cloud file list (File | Open | SmartSync Server) that display each engagement's client number, type and description to improve engagement identification.
- Hovering the cursor over a user's initials in the Document Manager now displays a tooltip with their full name.
- The Clear Synchronization Info option can now be performed on SmartSync Server files.
- Scanning a folder for files now displays a message in the Tracker Output log if the folder contains both compressed and uncompressed Working Papers files.
- File compression now includes all files and sub-folders in the file's directory. As a result, these files can be uploaded to Cloud using the Migration Manager without cleaning the directory first.
- Fixed an issue where multi-level lists would be removed when updating a document.
- Fixed an issue where the Merge pages function would cause a delay when opening the Print Preview dialog, even if the document did not contain merged pages.
- Fixed an issue that caused merged pages in a sub-document to unmerge when reopening the document.
- Fixed an issue where Table of Contents entries would not display correctly if they contained more than 99 characters.
- Fixed an issue where graphs and cell-based images would appear blank or blacked out when printed.
- Fixed an issue where modifying a CaseView document and then immediately deleting the associated sync copy could result in data loss.
- Fixed an issue where using a cell event with the Discard Links option enabled to insert a Knowledge Library link would cause CaseView to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where the two-factor authentication prompt would display continuously prior to the 30-day expiration date.
Data Store Administration Tool
- Fixed an issue where importing users and groups using the Data Store Administration Tool would skip records that contained special characters in their name.
- Fixed an issue where the Data Store Administration Tool would temporarily stop responding when synchronizing with Active Directory.
- Fixed an issue where documents could no longer be copied and pasted from Windows Explorer into the Document Manager.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would stop responding after opening a Trial balance or Leadsheet/Grouping type automatic document that is sorted by Map No.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would stop responding after importing more than 36 documents from a Document Library into the Document Manager.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would stop responding after switching a document from the internal viewer to an external viewer.
History and milestones
- Fixed an issue where canceling a year end close would record a history event as if it were completed.
- Fixed an issue where importing data from an Excel spreadsheet to Working Papers would exclude Excel annotations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from selecting the Account Division and Account Subdivision column headers in the Excel File Import wizard.
- Fixed an issue where importing data from Accpac DOS could cause Working Papers to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the completion of divisional split trial balance imports.
- Fixed an issue where the zoom level (View | Zoom) of a browser window would reset if you switched to another window.
- Fixed an issue where opening a consolidated file would no longer display the prompt to create synchronized copies of external files.
- Fixed an issue in the Protection Setup dialog where the typeahead function could cause Working Papers to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where file names containing over 10 Chinese characters would not display entity information correctly in the SmartSync Server file list.
- Fixed an issue where consolidations in SmartSync Server would report an error if the file path was too long.
- Fixed an issue where scanning a file with a path longer than 255 characters would cause Tracker to stop responding. These files are now skipped and will display in the output log if the Show skipped files option is enabled.