Assign a role set to a document
You can assign a role set to a specific document to define its sign off requirements. By default, all documents use the Default Role Set unless otherwise specified.
- If the file is protected, you must have the Modify document properties without being assigned to document group right.
- If you are working in a sync copy, ensure you are online and synchronizing with the parent file.
To assign a role set to a document:
- In the Document Manager, right-click the document where you want to assign the role set, then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, click the Roles tab.
- Select the applicable role set from the Role Set drop-down menu. Click OK.
The role set is assigned to the document. Sign offs for the document now follow the role set's dependencies.
Note: If you change the role set on a signed off document, all role sign offs will be cleared.
Assign a role set to multiple documents
You can assign a role set to multiple documents simultaneously using the Role Set column of the Document Manager.
To assign a role set to multiple documents:
- In the Document Manager, right-click a column header and click Show | Role Set. The Role Set column displays.
- Select all the documents where you want to assign the role set (hold CTRL and click each document).
- With the documents selected, hover your cursor over the Role Set column of one of the documents. Click the drop-down arrow then select from the list of available role sets.
The role set is assigned to all the selected documents. The role set ID displays in the Role Set column.