Export to Lacerte Tax
You can export data from Working Papers to Lacerte Tax to prepare USA tax returns. The data is exported to a file with the extension .xB#, where...
- x represents the tax entity code, and
- # represents the last digit of the tax year.
For example, a C Corporation tax entity with a 2021 year end would have the extension .CB1.
- Specify the tax information in the Engagement Properties.
- Assign tax export codes to accounts or enter the relevant codes in the Tax Code column of the Trial Balance | Tax tab.
To export Working Papers data to Lacerte Tax:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Export | Tax Software....
- In the Export to Tax Software dialog, click the Tax Software drop-down menu and select Lacerte Tax.
- In the Export Path field, enter or Browse for the location where you want to export your data.
- In the Export Filename field, enter a name for the export.
- Select the Tax Year and whether to include prior year data.
- Select any applicable export options in the dialog. Click OK.
The export file is created in the specified location. You can now import it into Lacerte Tax. If any errors occur during the export, you can review them in the export log file for resolution.
To import Working Papers data into Lacerte Tax:
- Move the export file to the directory with a matching tax entity type and year end. For example, a C Corporation tax entity with a 2021 year end should be moved to C:\Lacerte\21tax\Cdata. Similarly, S Corporations, Partnerships and Non Profits should be moved to the \Sdata, \Pdata and \Fdata directory respectively. If a directory with a matching tax entity type and year end does not exist, you must create it.
- Launch Lacerte Tax.
- On the ribbon, click Client | Tax Type.
- Select the applicable entity type. The export file will display in the Client Selection screen. Click OK.
The data from your Working Papers file is imported into Lacerte Tax.