Export to GoSystem Tax
You can export data from Working Papers to GoSystem Tax to prepare USA tax returns. The data is exported to a .ft file, which you can import into GoSystem Tax.
- Specify the tax information in the Engagement Properties.
- Assign tax export codes to accounts or enter the relevant codes in the Tax Code column of the Trial Balance | Tax tab.
To export Working Papers data to GoSystem Tax:
- On the ribbon, click Engagement | Export | Tax Software....
- In the Export to Tax Software dialog, click the Tax Software drop-down menu and select GoSystem Tax.
- In the Export Path field, enter or Browse for the location where you want to export your data.
- In the Export Filename field, enter a name for the export.
- Select the Tax Year and whether to include prior year data.
- Select any applicable export options in the dialog. Click OK.
The .ft file is created in the specified location. You can now import it into GoSystem Tax. If any errors occur during the export, you can review them in the export log file for resolution.
To import Working Papers data into GoSystem Tax:
- Launch GoSystem Tax.
- Create a new return with the same tax entity as the exported Working Papers file.
- Open the new return. On the Trial Balance screen, click File | Import....
- In the Import dialog, select Audit Package and then select CaseWare as the import source provider. Click Import....
- Click Browse... and select the .ft export file. Select any other applicable import options, then click Import.
- When the import process is complete, return to the Trial Balance screen.
- On the ribbon, click Options | Calculate Now.
- On the ribbon, click Options | Merge Now.
- On the Tax Return screen, click File | Recompute.
The data from your Working Papers file is imported into GoSystem Tax.