Customize the page layout
You can customize the layout of specific pages or the entire document to meet your requirements when printing it. Note that if you are printing a document from Form Mode, your options are limited to the entire document's first page number, paper size, paper source and orientation.
To customize the page layout:
- Ensure you are working in Design Mode.
- On the ribbon, click File | Print | Page Setup.
In the Page Setup dialog, complete the options as required.
Option Description Page Number
Select a page numbering method from the drop-down menu. This option is only available if the scope is set to Current Page or This Page Forward.
- Default page numbering: Increment each page number by one.
- Set page number to: Manually set the page number.
- Increase page number by: Manually set the incrementation amount.
First Page Number
Enter the number that you want to use as the first page number. This option is only available if the scope is set to Whole Document.
Select the area of the document where you want to customize the page layout.
- Current Page: Apply customizations to the current page and all succeeding pages until the next hard page break.
- This Page Forward: Apply customizations to the current page and all succeeding pages.
- Whole Document: Apply customizations to the entire document.
Enter the margin sizes for each edge of the page (top, bottom, left, right).
- Mirror margins: Select this option if you want to specify a wider margin for binding when printing on both sides of a page. When selected, the left margin becomes the inside of the page and the right margin becomes the outside of the page.
2 Column Printing
- Enable 2 Columns: Select to enable printing the page in two columns.
- Distance Between: Increment the distance between the two columns.
- Override document paper control: Select to modify paper control options if the scope is set to Current Page or This Page Forward.
- Portrait: Select to use a vertical page orientation.
- Landscape: Select to use a horizontal page orientation.
- Size: Select the paper size.
- Source: Select the paper tray of your printer.
Document Options Select an option to determine how to print on both sides of the page. Headers/Footers
- Override header/footer: Select to specify a custom header/footer size for the entire document.
- Header Size: Select a sizing method in the drop-down menu, then define the header height (maximum 3"). If required, enter the size of the leading space (the space between the bottom of the header and the start of the body).
- Footer Size: Select a sizing method in the drop-down menu, then define the footer height (maximum 3"). If required, enter the size of the leading space (the space between the bottom of the header and the start of the body).
Accept page numbers
Select to apply a page number to the current page. If you do not select this option, the page does not display a page number and the page numbers of subsequent pages adjust accordingly.
Center page vertically
Select to center the page contents vertically along the top and bottom page margins, including headers, footers and carry-forward sections.
Ignore page setup if skipped
Select to ignore page layout settings for the current page if it meets a defined skip condition.
Select to override watermark settings for the current page.
Remove page setup for current page
Click to reset all page layout settings for the current page.
- If required, you can also add watermarks and borders and shading to the page. Click OK.
The page layout is customized and ready to be printed.