You are here: All Help Topics > Accounting and Assurance > Annotations > Adding Annotation to an Automatic Document
-- How Do I? --
Annotating an Automatic Document
You can add annotations to a line or total line in an automatic document.
- Open the automatic document you want to annotate.
- Select a line to annotate and on the Home tab, in the Annotation group, and click Line.
Tip: You can annotate a total line by clicking Total on the Home tab.
- The Annotation dialog will open and by default will add the annotation to the specific document only. Click the Global tab in the dialog or toggle Global on the Home tab to change the default and have the annotation show in the trial balance and on all documents displaying the annotated account.
- Fill in the applicable fields of the dialog. >>Quick Reference
- Click OK.
For programs/checklists, enter annotations directly in the Annotation column.
- To add annotations to multiple lines in the document:
- Hold shift and click to highlight the applicable lines and then right-click the highlighted lines and select either New Note, Tickmark, Document Reference, or Manual Reference.