What's New - Audit 23.00
The following describes the features and fixes included in Audit 23.00.
For more information on content updates made to Audit International 23.00, see Audit International 23.00 Content Updates.
Note: The Additional Document Library (ADL) introduced in Audit 22.00 has been deprecated. For information on recovering existing ADL content, see Additional Document Library content.
- Improved the update logic for common procedures. Factors such as the engagement file version and procedure version are now considered before the modification date. The common procedure availability settings were also improved to accommodate additional workflows.
- Fixed an issue where new documents would not retain properties, such as the lockdown status, retain on cleanup and roll forward settings, when copied into a new file.
- Fixed a compatibility issue that prevented the creation of a combined Audit and Financials file.
Financial statement areas (FSA)
- Fixed an issue where risk names that contained opening and closing quotations (" ") would cause calculation errors upon opening the FSA worksheet.
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly opening and recalculating the FSA worksheet would result in a script error.
- Fixed an issue where the title bar of the FSA worksheet would briefly display in black for new engagement files.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to import risks or procedures from a protected engagement filewould automatically fail due to the inability to enter user access credentials.
Patch Customization Utility (PCUTIL)
- Fixed an issue where template authors could not modify global options for templates created using the Full + Patch option.
- Fixed an issue that replaced existing documents instead of marking them as new after applying a PCUTIL patch file.
- Fixed an issue that caused a null error after removing a document from the Document Library.
- Fixed an issue that removed existing procedure responses after applying a PCUTIL patch file.
- Fixed an issue that enabled some options in the Edit Procedure dialog that should be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where procedures inserted by the Optimiser would stop responding to Optimiser conditions after an update.
- Fixed an issue where disabling the Delete procedures based on checklists responses option in AO - General options would not remove the option from the Edit Procedure Actions dialog.
- Fixed an issue where importing a procedure into a document would clear any associated assertions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented custom bulleted lists from being applied to procedures.
- Fixed an issue where the Unique icon would not display for common procedures without global conditions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the removal of bold formatting from procedure text.
Review and sign off
- Fixed an issue where changing an existing procedure sign off date using the drop-down calendar would not retain the new date.
- Fixed an issue where signing off a sub-procedure using autofill would automatically sign off additional sub-procedures in the same procedure.
- Fixed an issue where documents with pending updates would not display the icon indicating that the document was signed off.
- Fixed an issue where the icon for signed off procedures would display for procedures where it was not applicable.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Management Letter Report in a locked down file would cause the sign off dates in the report to change to the current date.
Risks, controls and reportable items
- Fixed an issue where an associated risk's P (Prevent) and D (Detect) settings were not retained in the Control dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Risk Report to display incorrect assertions in the Assertions header.
- Fixed a script error that would prevent the Import Risk dialog from loading properly in files with multiple entities.
- Fixed an issue that enabled the Control Matrix button in work programs even after it was disabled in AO - General options.
- Fixed an issue that enabled the Select Control option in the Edit Procedure Action dialog even after it was disabled in AO - General options.
- Fixed an issue where documents that were added directly to a client file would be proposed for deletion during a template update.
- Fixed an issue where updating a document would increment the content version even if it contained procedures that were not updated.
- Fixed an issue where documents could not be copied from the master template to an engagement file after an update.
- Fixed a script error that would prevent updating an engagement file from a sub-template.
- Fixed an issue where performing a template update would label new documents as N/A and exclude them by default, rather than add them.
- Fixed an issue where client-made documents would be deleted from the engagement file during an update.
- Fixed an issue where documents that were originally inserted from the Document Library would no longer update if the source document number was already in use.
- Fixed an issue where document numbers would revert to the number in the master template after a content update.
- Fixed an issue where previously ignored mapping and grouping structures were no longer ignored during subsequent updates.
- Fixed an issue that caused a script error to display each time the UPDATE - CWUpdate document was opened.
This online help system applies to all CaseWare Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.