Add documents after lock down
You can add documents to a file that is already locked down, or to a file that will be locked down after the document completion date.
- When you add a new document to a locked down file, you'll receive a prompt to explain your reason for the addition. After you add the document, selecting Lock Down in the document's properties will immediately and permanently lock down the document.
- When you add a new document to a file that is set to lock down after the document completion date, the document is automatically flagged for lock down. If you need access to the document after the file is locked down, you can deselect the Lock Down option in the document's properties.
Add documents without an explanation
If you want to add documents without providing an explanation (e.g. documents that don't pertain to the audit), you can set up an unlocked folder prior to lock down.
Note: You cannot add documents without explanation to a file that is already locked down.
To add documents without explanation in a locked down file:
- Open the file that will be locked down.
- On the ribbon, click Home | Folder. The New Folder dialog displays.
- Enter a name for the folder.
- Select Explanation not required when adding documents after lockdown.
- Ensure that Lock Down is deselected.
- Customize any other folder properties you require, then click OK.
The custom folder is added to the file. After locking down the file, you can add documents to the folder without having to provide an explanation.