Working with SmartSync
When you are working in SmartSync there are some common operations that you will perform. There are also different ways to interact with your file.
How Do I?
- Creating a Synchronized Copy of a File
- Connecting to a Parent File
- Opening a Synchronized Copy of a File
- Opening the Top-Level Parent File
- Creating a Sync Copy for Another User
- Publishing a Working Papers File
- Replacing the Server Copy
- Returning SmartSync Files to a Non-Sync State
More Info >>
Consolidation can either be internal or external. Internal consolidations are handled by SmartSync in the same way as any typical client file. For external consolidations, ensure the parent and subsidiary client files are stored on a server.
Information on the different statuses displayed in Working Papers SmartSync files.
The Synchronization Properties dialog displays information on current sync copies and the parent and top-level parent files.