Working with Tabs
Adding a New Tab
An unlimited number of new tabs can be added to the dashboard.
To create a new tab:
- Click Add New Tab.
- Complete the attributes of each tab.
- When complete, click Save.
Type a name for the tab. Note that tab names must be unique and are limited to 25 characters.
(Optional) Input a tooltip, which will be displayed when the mouse hovers over the tab.
Select one of the layouts.
Widget and Tab Appearance
|Select the necessary colors and font using the button and drop-down lists below each option.
Hide this tab in the client file
Lock this tab in the client file
Manage Tab Widgets
Note each widget can be used multiple times in each dashboard, but only once per tab. To remove a widget from the tab, click to select it and then click Remove.
Editing an Existing Tab
To edit an existing tab:
- Click the tab then select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Edit as required. Refer to the tab attributes area for details.
Removing a Tab
To remove a tab:
- Click the tab then select Remove from the drop-down menu.
- To remove more than one tab at a time or to remove a tab without first selecting it, click Options and select Manage Tabs from the drop-down menu.
The order of the tabs can be changed using the Manage Tabs dialog.
To sort tabs:
- Click Options and from the drop-down list select Manage Tabs.
- Click on a tab in the table, and click either Move Up or Move Down to move the tab to the left or right.
- Once tabs are in the required order click Save.
The options to remove, hide and/or lock a tab are also available in the Manage Tabs dialog.
To remove a tab:
- Click on the tab to be removed, right click and select Remove.
- Once the desired tabs are removed, click Save.
To hide a tab:
- Click on a tab to be hidden, right click and select Hide.
- Once the desired tabs are hidden, click Save.
To lock a tab:
- Click on a tab to be locked, right click and select Lock.
- Once the desired tabs are locked, click Save.
Conditional tabs are displayed in the client file only if a condition is true. The condition is considered true if it evaluates to 1, true, or t; case is ignored.
The format and content of this condition should be the same as a CaseView cell calculation. See the CaseView Help for details on cell functions.
- This condition is evaluated repeatedly every five minutes approximately.
- If the condition is true, the tab will not be visible in the client file.
- To create a conditional tab, see Add New Tab | Other Options.
This online help system applies to all Caseware Audit, Review and Compilation products. Not all features are available in all products.