Signing Out a Client File
Sign out entire engagement file to a new location, leaving a read-only copy behind at the file's current location.
- On the Engagement ribbon, click Sign Out.
- (Optional) Click Change to modify the location for the signed out copy of the Client file. Browse to the applicable location, highlight it and click OK.
- (Optional) Select Compress the central copy after sign out to compress the central copy once the sign out procedure has completed.
- Click Sign Out to complete the sign out.
The client file is signed out with the central copy left in the original folder and the master file copied to a new folder labeled ClientFileName-1 unless modified.
- When signing out files on a network, a user must have the proper authorization rights to be able to copy the central copy to the destination folder.