Compress a File
You can compress your Working Papers files to save space on your workstation when the file is not in use, and to simplify the process of copying and moving files.
You can compress a file manually, or set it to compress automatically when closed.
To manually compress a Working Papers file:
- In Working Papers, open the file you want to compress.
- On the ribbon, click File | Save Compressed. The Compress File dialog displays.
- Select whether or not you want to include .BAK (Backup) files and/or sub-folders in the compressed file. Click Yes.
The file is compressed. Compressed files use the .ac_ file extension.
To automatically compress a Working Papers file on close:
- On the ribbon, click Tools | Options.
- On the General tab, select an option in the Auto Compress drop-down menu.
- No: Do not automatically compress the file when closed.
- Yes: Automatically compress the file when closed.
- Prompt: Display a prompt to compress the file when closed.
- Yes (with subfolders): Automatically compress the file with sub-folders when closed.
- Click OK.
When you close the file, it is compressed.